Wednesday, December 1, 2010

EPISODE 2: Auto Body Work!


When my brother and I did this shoot, I saw it so clearly! I had a vision. And usually when I get a vision for an idea I want to do it right away. Like.....NOW! lol. I'm a bit impetuous and I really wanted to hurry up and try this concept out before the excitement faded away. I asked my brother, Rashod (who's a model) if he would be down for the shoot and, of course, he was. So we were actually back home in Harrisburg, Pa a little while ago and found a mechanics jumpsuit in our parent's basement, which is where our dad, who's a mechanic, keeps all of his clothes (he hasn't had clothes in the same room or closet as my mom in 26 years...don't ask me why, LOL). So we asked if we could use his shop when it was closed to do the shoot and he was cool with it, and what you see is the magic we made. I Love shooting with my brother! He knows how I work as a photographer and I know how to photograph him as a model and as both of us grow, we know how to create work that looks different every time. So despite the cold (we weren't allowed to touch the heat! lol), some weird old man that (claims he's my dad's manager) came in and kept tryna watch us shoot, and the fact my brother had on boots 4 sizes too small, it really worked out great!

                                                   (click on photos to see larger size)
                                           (oil, dirt and grime provided by Mighty Mike's Garage)

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic job Mike...and Rashod too u a killin it! : )

    ReplyDelete